Tuesday, May 20, 2014

KnitCrate Newbies Series #1

Photo is not filtered or edited so you can see the real color of the yarn.
I recently talked about KnitCrate Newbies when I signed up for the program and about a week ago I got my very first shiny red envelop package! I can tell you now that I'm going to be counting the days every month for my KnitCrate to arrive!

Each month I'm going to share what I've received in my KnitCrate so if you end up being interested in joining and learning to knit you can do it a long with me and see what's in store. 

Here is what I received in my first KnitCrate and my thoughts on each thing:

YARN - 1 hank of Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton in "dandelion" for practice swatches and 1 skein of Ella Rae Seasons in "wine, peach, tan" for the pattern project.

VIDEOS & PATTERN - this first package came with 11 instructional videos and a cowl pattern.

FUN EXTRA -  Knitter's Pride Dreamz needles, 10" Straight US 8

SWEET/SOOTHING EXTRA - David's Tea: Read My Lips



I LOVED this first KnitCrate! The videos were exceptionally well done and really really easy to follow along with. But my favorite part of the KnitCrate? The YARN and the NEEDLES. I haven't knit with straight needles yet but I loved working with these. They are GREAT beginner needles and probably some of my favorite right now. And the yarn was so soft and beautiful. The cotton was meant for swatches but because I  know these particular stitches already I'm saving the practice yarn for a future project because it is so pretty.  The pattern is the PERFECT first project for a new knitter and even myself with a couple projects under my belt this was awesome for perfecting my knit and purl stitches. I am finally done knitting the cowl. It took me a little less than a week and now all I need to do is block it and seam it. I ordered a "block n' roll" mat from KnitCrate already and I'm anxiously awaiting it arrival.

Overall this was an amazing first KnitCrate and again I recommend it for EVERYONE to try out if you are a new knitter.

Did you get a KnitCrate newbie series one package? If so share with me your thoughts and how your first project is going! I'd love to see it and encourage each other on this journey!

BTW if you are wanting to just buy any of these products and would like a discount use this link to get 10% off your first purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm loving KnitCrate Newbies too!! Was having difficulty with Continental stitch but I continue to practice. Meanwhile I've ended up working the project in English just so I can finish it by the next crate! I LOVE surprises and I'm loving knitting so KnitCrate is the best of both worlds for me!

    If I knew how to add a pic I would :/

    threefco on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm so glad we are friends on ravlery now! I can't wait for the next knitcrate either. I actually even ordered the try-a-kit this time even though my skills aren't there yet. I'm slowly becoming yarn obsessed! I would love to see your work! Do you have it up on your ravelry project page?

      Delete